Contact: Dr. Kevin Landers
30 S Michigan Ste 300
Chicago, IL 60603-3203
PH: (312) 263-7823
FAX: (312) 263-7013
Local Dentist Dr. Kevin Landers, Honored with Award from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation
April 27 – May 1, 2009
25th Annual AACD Scientific Session
Partner In Piece Award GBAS
May 2009 – Chicago’s local dentist Dr Kevin Landers was honored with a Partners in Peace Award from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation (AACDCF). The primary program of the AACDCF, Give Back A Smile,TM (GBAS), assists survivors of domestic violence by providing free consultation and dental treatment to restore their lives and smiles. Dr. Landers was recognized by the AACDCF because he collaborative effort to contributed over $50,000 during the last fiscal year. Notable were contributions from John, At Treasure Dental Lab (Idaho Falls, ID), and Nobel Biocare, Dr Landers and his team restored her smile with Dental implants, and other restorative treatments.
How the GBAS Program Works:
- Domestic violence survivors who have suffered dental injuries from abuse by a former intimate partner or spouse can contact GBAS at 800.773.GBAS (4227).
- Survivors must make an appointment with a counselor, domestic violence advocate, social worker or therapist to complete the advocate section of the GBAS application.
- GBAS conducts the initial review of the application, however, the dentist has the final say as to the eligibility of the applicant.
- If eligible, the AACDCF connects the survivor with a local GBAS volunteer who provides treatment at no charge to the recipient.
- For complete details, visit the GBAS Web site at www.givebackasmile.com.
Restoring Lives and Smiles
“More than five million people are affected by domestic violence every year in the United States. There is clearly a need for a program like GBAS to help survivors rejuvenate their lives through the caring hands of dental professionals,” Dr. Kevin Landers commented.
The GBAS program was launched May 27, 1999. AACD cosmetic dentists, laboratory technicians, and other dental professionals have generously volunteered their time and expertise to the GBAS program. As a result, over 730 domestic abuse cases have been completed for a total dollar value of more than $6.9 million dollars. There are currently 400 applicants being treated throughout the United States.
We would like to hear from you regarding our charity. For those who feel passionate about helping victims of domestic violence, please contact our office or the AACD for more information.